Wednesday, July 22, 2009

12 JUNE - Hickory Hills Picnic














My friend, Reggie invited us to join her and some other families to Hickory Hills for a hike and a picnic. I opted out of the hike since my feet and back were not feeling up to par. We packed a lunch and headed up there for a day of fun. The weather was gorgeous and the kids loved being outside with their friends. We ate, the kids played, then we saw the animals that they had up there. There were North American Bison, turkeys, pheasants, some other birds and elk. Unfortunately my camera battery died, so I didn't get as many pictures of the kiddos with the animals. The elk came up and let the kids feed them some leaves and shrubbery they found along the fenceline. Their antlers were very soft and fuzzy and felt like velvet. We'll definitely have to go there again with Daddy sometime!!! :O)

No comments: