Saturday, August 25, 2007

Have You Lost Weight?!

It's been a crazy few months for me! While I was pregnant with Jaren, I kind of changed the way I ate. At times, because of pregnancy symptoms and at other times because I wanted to eat healthier foods. The first trimester I felt really nauseus and did not want to eat anything. Then, during the second trimester, Ed was enrolled in The Biggest Loser Competition of the Cedar Valley, here at the local YMCA. They handed out sheets on what you should be eating and how often. I still wasn't really hungry, so at times I would just graze on food throughout the day. I learned to eat several smaller meals and to eat a carb and a protein together. For example, an apple and a piece of string cheese together. I also considered portion sizes as well. If we went out to eat, I would only eat half and package up the rest to take home. As you can imagine, during my third trimester I really didn't have much room to be able to eat much! Jaren was taking up so much room!! During this whole time I was losing weight. I was between 217 and 212 the whole time and then I ended up at 218, one pound more than my pre-pregnancy weight. My highest weight ever was 222 and a size 22. I didn't intend to LOSE weight while being pregnant, it just kind of happened. So far I've lost 28 pounds just by cutting down my portions and watching what I'm eating. I'm down to 194 and I haven't been under 200 in over 6 YEARS! I think I was 190 when I got pregnant with Ollie. I still eat my chocolate and whatnot! It's a lifestyle change for me and so I can't deprive myself of some goodies! I just don't get to crazy with how much I eat! I can't really tell a difference in the way I look, but my pants are constantly falling down! I'm always tugging and pulling at them! Lots of people have been asking if I've lost weight and they say they can see it in my face! I just want to FEEL better! I don't want to be tired all the time and I think my back pain may be relieved by shedding some pounds! I also have knee pain as well. I'd like to start lifting weights and stuff, but that will have to wait until I'm feeling better. I'm still in pain from my gallbladder surgery, but I can still walk! I just need to get my butt in gear and DO IT! I HATE EXERCISING!!! Oh well, I need to start to incorporate it into my life if I want to feel better I suppose! Wish me luck!

No comments: