Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary to ME!

Well, today is the anniversary of my joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It has been 10 YEARS! I was baptized on June 14, 1997 at the age of 18! So hopefully everyone knows that it's not just a "phase" that I'm going through! It has been the best decision of my life! I have a REAL relationship with my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. I know that they will never leave me comfortless. I feel more at peace than I ever have before. Things make so much more sense to me now that I have a firm foundation in the church. I am always trying to better myself and see things from an eternal perspective now, to be more Christlike in all that I do and say. I know that I will never be perfect in this life, but I know that I can constantly try my best and endure to the end. I know that my family has been blessed because of the Priesthood power that is felt in our home. I know that I am living the best life that I can live through the teachings of Jesus Christ as well as the prophets past and present. I am so blessed to have found the church and to have gone through many trials. I know that they are from a loving Heavenly Father and that they are to help us grow, gain strength and increase our faith in him! It is easy to ask why things are happening, but harder to accept that it is truly the Lord's will for us. I know that this church is the ancient church that Christ set up while He was on the earth. I know that the Lord STILL reveals many things to his chosen prophets that are on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith truly experienced a vision, seeing God the Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, in the Sacred Grove and it's amazing that at such a young age, he remained steadfast, even while being persecuted for so many years... eventually resulting in his death. I have felt the spirit so strongly and I can't deny it. The Lord loves all of His children and has set up a plan that we ALL may be able to return to live with him someday. I hope more people can feel the way that I feel now. It is truly awesome!

No comments: