Sunday, March 30, 2008

Irish for the Day

Monday, March 17th, 2008


I thought it would be fun (since we never celebrate St. Paddy's Day) to have some friends over for a GREEN dinner!!! The kids and I had fun buying the decorations and accessories for all of our guests! We had hats, headbands with shamrocks, buttons, beaded necklaces and a fancy green boa. They were all encouraged to come dressed in green, Ed came in an orange shirt of course! Each guest brought something green to share for dinner.




GREEN DINNER MENU
Green Fettucine Alfredo
Green Mashed Potatoes with Green Gravy
Broccoli, green of course
Green Garlic Bread
Green Marshmallow Salad
Green Rice Krispie Treats
Green Jello Jigglers
Green Kool-Aid


After dinner we hid some foam shamrocks and the kids had to go on a Shamrock Hunt. Meghan and I set up a little photo op area in our hallway for some pictures of the kids!
























Ed and Myself
The Green Girls

3 comments:

Heidi Miller said...

That is such a great idea Stacy! Love it! So, do you think I will ever get to see you!? We are bad. THelast Friday of April is the free night at the Museum and carousel in COralville if you are game. Let me know!

Krista said...

I think everyone who has a copy of the pictures of us girls should put a green shamrock sticker over my "un-Lucky" cold sore!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! What a great idea!