Thursday, April 3, 2008

Aquatrim

So... we are planning on joining our local YMCA in order for us all to get healthier.

I used to do Aquatrim (water aerobics) with my mom when I was in junior high. Now that I'm older it is pretty much the only way I can work out.

I had to find something that I could do with the least amount of stress on my feet (heel spurs), back (chronic backaches), knees and now my left hip. I feel like this is the best way to work out... even though the noodles we sometimes use ride up a bit!!!

I usually wear swimshorts over my bathing suit, but they tend to slow me down when I try to jog back and forth in the pool. The last time we did some exercises where we jumped out of the water with our knees tucked under us. Yeah... with each jump up... down slipped the shorts until they were around my knees and eventually in a heap in the bottom of the pool! I was just dying laughing! So I fished them out of the pool and laid them on the edge of the pool.

I like the fact that sweat isn't running down my face and pits as well! That's a big plus! Ain't life grand?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never liked Aquaerobics until I started doing them with this pregnancy and it is stinkin hard. You will definately get a good workout! Good for you!

the freestone6 said...

let me know how it goes for you sounds like fun.