Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Feeding the Ducks & Geese with Bear - April 2009

One day I took Bear with me to the creek near our old apartment to feed the geese and ducks that live there! I had no idea what fun surprise waited for us there!!! Six little goslings with their mom and dad, one of which was VERY protective and if we'd get anywhere near them, it was run at us and HISS!!! I had NO IDEA that geese HISSED!!! I was dying laughing!



"Ready... Aim... FIRE!!!"

While we were feeding the geese, some of their FRIENDLY neighbors decided to come for a snack as well! They would come sooooooo close to us! It was crazy!

Some mallards... waiting for Jaren to whirl a piece of bread in their general direction!

"Bye, friends!"

The ducks were alot less skiddish than the geese.
I was shocked to see this one get so close to us!

I love looking at their webbed feet!
"Jaren encounters The Hissing Goose"

1 comment:

meghan said...

YIKES! Geese can be so funny. I got bit by one once.