Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Women's Symposium - April 2009

Stacy, Meghan, Shawna, Krista and Niki
We all traveled down to Cedar Rapids for the Annual Women's Symposium which happens in the Spring. It was from 9 am - 3 pm, if I'm remembering correctly! We start out with a program with various speakers including the Stake President or a member of the Stake Presidency. They are very inspirational and motivational talks usually geared toward women. I ALWAYS bawl my head off... never fails! We have our choice of classes to take, break for lunch and continue with some more classes. I took a "Cooking Class" and got to try out some fantastic recipes and a class about a different approach to "Studying Our Scriptures". After lunch I took a class on "Financial Planning", learning about wills and such and a class on "Frugal Living". I'm always excited to be able to go and this time Ed didn't work a double shift so I could actually go! It's only the SECOND one I've ever been to, but it's so uplifting and fun to be able to hang out with my sisters and learn new things!

1 comment:

meghan said...

That was a SUPER fun day!