Sunday, February 8, 2009

Olive Garden Baby Shower - Ollie's 2nd Ambulance Ride

Last night a bunch of us girlies got together at the Olive Garden for Meg's baby shower! She's having her first baby girl at the end of the month! Yay! We had so much fun eating, talking and laughing! I absolutely LOVE my Girls Nights Out! :o) They are an absolute MUST in order to remain sane and connected! Seriously... I feel re-energized afterwards!

Lindsay, Krista, Martie

Meghan H., Meghan G., Me


We met up there about 6 pm and waited for a while (almost 2 hours... yowzers). Luckily, a seat opened up for me in the lobby and I plowed through the crowd in order to sit and rest my weary bones! UGH! I have to say... my neck feels great, but my bones still hurt really bad! It hurts mainly in my knees, but sometimes they hurt so bad that I feel the bone pain in the teeny tiny bones in my TOES!!! Crazy, huh?! My surgeon said that it would take a while for the calcium to feed my hungry bones! On Tuesday I go back down to Iowa City for my post op check up and x-rays. I'd like to have a bone density scan just to see where most of the damage is done. I had all of the kids for the first time by myself in TWO MONTHS! Man... I was just exhausted!!!


Anyways... Meg H. picked me up at around 5:30 and we ventured out to pick up some clothes for the baby shower and a book... of course! I love giving books as gifts! My kids LOVE to read... and Jaren is starting to sit for longer periods of time now so it's fun to sit and flip through books with him! :o) We got there and like I said I sat for a while, took all my pills while I was sitting there (Thanks for the H2o, Krista!) waiting. Mandy came and Matt was there with 3 of his kids! I got to meet him, but didn't really get to talk with him since the lobby was PACKED with people! I feel bad that I didn't get up and give him a hug and greet all the kiddos, but my legs were KILLING ME!!! (Don't think I'm a huge jerk, Matt... cuz I'm not!) :o) I'm sure we'll meet again! SOON... or so I'm told! ;o) So... we finally are seated and of course it's like the table the furthest away from where I'm sitting!!! I was pining for my sweet wheels aka: my walker! Yeah... I feel like an old woman hobbling around on my weak legs! Yes... thanks again, Krista... for the old lady comments! Hehehe! You know I love ya! Man... I had so much fun last night... I must have REALLY needed to get out of my house... since that's where I am pretty much ALL of the time since our van is dead and has a flat tire. BLECH! Okay... my mind is just going all over today... sorry if you aren't following... :o)


So... we are seated at the table and we order. Meg opens her darling presents, we take pictures. YES... pictures... we seriously see a guy that looks AND sounds just like Jerry Stiller, George Castanza's dad on "Seinfeld"!!! Okay... so I HAD to take a picture of him with Meghan's camera! He even had a shirt on that looked like he borrowed it from Kramer! I wanted to go over to him and ask him to say, "SERENITY NOW!!!". :o) "Festivus... for the rest of us..." Good times!

During our dinner, the waitress comes over and asks if anyone has a white van. Krista piped up and said that she did. Then the waitress said that someone had hit it while in the parking lot. She went out to see if it was hers... later she saw that they had left a note. She wasn't too worried about it... because there was a crack in the bumper from a previous mishap. We think that they must have thought that they had done it. Good thing we are honest folks... RIGHT, KRISTA!?! ;o)

We had so much fun until Ed called Krista's phone and said that Oliver was in the ambulance. I was like, "What happened?" He said that he came downstairs and told him that his stomach hurt and then he started having an asthma attack and couldn't breathe. Ed gave him an albuterol treatment and that did nothing, so Chad came over to be with Jaren and Eden while Ed followed the ambulance to the hospital. Ed had to work at Goodwill overnight so his dad went to the ER to be with Oliver and took him back home with him at 12:30 at night when he was released. I guess his tummy ache was because he has impacted feces... yum. More water and fiber, please. Poor little man. He seems to be doing better today! Thank goodness!!!

2 comments:

Hartson family said...

So sorry I missed the fun and so sorry Oliver had a tough night. Love you and hope to see you soon- maybe Friday game night?

Amy said...

That Jerry Stiller guy is my Dad...Just kidding! That is awesome!! I love that you took his picture.

Poor Ollie. Kaden and Meghan could compete with Oliver and ambulance rides.

How are ya feeling?