Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Palmer Family Update

Since it's been what seems like AGES since I last posted anything... I thought I'd catch everyone up with everything that we've been up to!


OLIVER - We've been focusing our weekly Family Home Evening Lessons on The Fourth Article of Faith which is:


"We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, REPENTANCE; third, BAPTISM by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST."


We have been focusing on this because Oliver will be getting baptized this summer as he will be turning 8, the age of accountability. We want him to understand what it means to be a member of the church so he can truly make this decision for himself. We are very excited for him! I still can't believe that I have a child who will be getting baptized already!!!

Ollie officially started Capoeira classes in mid March and loves it! He teaches Eden and even Jaren loves to move to the music! He's very good at it and I can tell that he's very serious about it! Not only does he learn a martial art, but also about the culture, language and music of Brazil. In August, he will be receiving his first cords!

He will also be starting his summer baseball league this year with practice starting this upcoming Thursday! He's also VERY excited about that! He's doing well in school and just got a Math Award for getting the second fastest time in his timed math test! He loves to read and will take any chance to read to us or his siblings!


Oliver - Student of the Week (May 2009)


EDEN - Eden was Student of the Week last week at her school and so Ed and I got to eat lunch with her on her special day! She is in Kindergarten and just LOVES it! She loves to learn more vocabulary words and is doing great in her class! She's even been pestering me about learning cursive and can spell several words already! Books are something she loves to read and is always eager to try to read them to me. She LOVES having playdates with her friends and is learning new things everyday!

She's been saying that her eyes have been hurting her lately and so we'll see if she will be the latest Palmer to get glasses! She really had no chance since Ed had eye surgery and I'm about as blind as a bat! She doesn't really seem too put off by it!

Eden will start T-Ball this July, right after Oliver's baseball wraps up, thank goodness! I really don't know how parents can run all of their kids to eighteen thousand different activities ALL THE TIME! It would drive me absolutely INSANE! She's very excited as I've already gotten her a pink mitt and everything! I'll have to post some pictures of her in action!

She loves to play outside on the trampoline, ride her bike and draw. I love seeing her pictures get better and better as the months pass.


Stacy and Eden - Student of the Week (May 2009)




JAREN - Where do I even begin with this little pistol!?! He has been changing SOOOO much lately and WHAT A PERSONALITY!!! He is constantly making me laugh throughout the day, from the faces he makes to his mannerisms, I'm always smiling! He is saying more words each day and the funniest thing he says is "okay"... only he pronounces it in a whisper "kay...". I definitely need to get it on camera before he stops saying it! I also LOVES how he says, "thank you"... "dent do"... too stinkin' cute!

He LOVES waiting at the door for his big brother and sister to get off the bus so he finally has someone cooler to play with than Mom! He loves watching Barney and Thomas on T.V., bowling with a new set of pins I got for him, shooting hoops and playing with his cars. He's been my little helper, accompanying me to many doctors visits and for the most part he's pretty patient! He loves having books read to him and HATES getting his breathing treatments!!!

He was recently admitted to the hospital due to his asthma. They thought it was pneumonia at first, but our doctor said he thought it had to due with his asthma. He's got many of the same allegies as Oliver as well as the asthma and eczema... UGH! He also isn't much of an eater. He simply refuses to eat many things, but has always had an aversion to specific textures. When he was younger, he would eat food, gag on it and vomit it back up. Now, he simply refuses to eat most things. Hopefully he'll grow out of it... he's coming up on 2 years old next month!!! Cross your fingers for us!


Jaren in brother's baseball hat and sister's baseball mitt! He loves playing catch.



ED - Work, work and more work! It seems like that is all that he ever does... poor guy! At least he went to a movie with a friend a few days ago... so he gets a break now and again! He's still working at Deere in Supply Management and his boss is always very understanding whenever he needs to leave early to pick up a sick kid if I'm not here or stay with Jaren in the hospital. Unfortunately with the poor economy there will be no bonus at the end of the year as well as no promotions or raises. It kind of stinks, but at least people will be able to keep jobs by curtailing these things.

He is also still the Elders Quorum teacher at church which he loves. He's reading several church books at the moment and LOVES filling his head with the knowledge of the gospel! We celebrated our 9 year anniversary on May 5th and are hoping to go somewhere fun for our 10 year anniversary!




STACY - I am doing well for the most part. I'm very tired because we found out several weeks ago that we are expecting our 4th child on December 14th of this year. It came as a shock, but we are very happy to welcome a new little one into our family!

I'm still taking quite a few medications from my health "situation" (hyperparathyroidism) in January, but my endocrinologist doesn't seem to be too worried about me! That is a good sign! I'll still be seeing her every few weeks to have some lab work done, but all in all I'm more at ease since I met with her last week.

I just finished reading the Twilight Saga (4 very long books) in under a week and a half and now I'm back to reading Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I'm about halfway through it! I just LOVE Jane Austen! Her stories make me happy!

I am a Family History Consultant for our ward at church and so I'm learning about the new FamilySearch program that has recently come out. It is pretty awesome, I must say! I'm still learning new things, but I'm very excited about it!

I've been trying to deep clean and declutter the house. Trying is the operative word here! A few friends and I are going to have a garage sale at the end of June so I will be purging alot of things! I wish I knew what I was having so I could sell Jaren's clothes that he's outgrown or Eden's clothes if it happens to be another boy. She said, "It better be a girl this time." I honestly don't think she was kidding either! hehehe




Anyways... that's about all that's been happening with us lately! I'll try to be better at blogging. I've just been SOOOOOO TIRED this trimester. Maybe in a few weeks I'll get my much needed energy boost!!!

1 comment:

Frisbies Forever said...

Whew! You should be tired, I am tired just reading about it!!! Congratulations. I am so glad everything is going well!