Thursday, August 23, 2007

Kid's Say the Darndest Things

*The other day, Eden was feeding and burping Jaren for me while I tended to my cleaning. She said after a while, "Look Mom, I'm separating his head!" I looked up and figured out that she was SUPPORTING his head... not SEPARATING his head! WHEW!!!

*"Don't let the shotter come in!!!" Eden says while waiting for her shots in the doctor's office.

*The other day we were driving by a cemetery and Eden asked, "Mom is that where people get dead?" I said, "That's where people are buried, yes." "Why can't they go in the front yard?" she asks. "Because you can't just bury bodies anywhere you want to!" I say. "Well, what about their HEADS?" she asked. We both just busted up laughing!

*I was showing Oliver a picture of me while pregnant with Jaren. He then said, "Mom, I hate to tell you this... but... the back of your private parts is still big." I was like, "WHAT? MY BUTT?" He replied, "Yeah." I'm thinking... "What the crap! Thanks alot kid!"

*We were watching "Last Comic Standing" last night on TV and they were announcing who was moving on to the next round. The announcer said, "And the last comic standing is...." At this time Eden, coloring in her coloring book, says quietly, "Stacy Palmer". I looked at Ed and we both just cracked up!

*The other night, we went out to eat and Oliver had to use the restroom. Ed took him and afterwards asked Oliver if he remembered to flush. He said, "Oooops!" and ran back in to the stall to flush. He said, "HEY! It looks like a bat and a ball!" And then he proceeded to flush it away!

*After the kids had taken their baths, I looked at their prune hands and said, "Wow, you guys are OLD! How old are you?" Eden then said, with an old quivering voice, "I'm in my 30's..."

*Ed took the kids for a walk the other day and they didn't get home until about an hour later. I was sitting down at the table and Eden said, "I THINK I'M GOING TO SWELL UP! I'm so tired."

*Oliver was talking to Grandma on the phone and said, "You can only have 2000 calories and then you can stop after that!"