Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired



Okay... Summer of Pain... it is TIME to be done, finished, overwith, finito! Sooooooo... all summer... I have been in one pain or another and let me tell ya folks... I'M SICK OF IT!!!



- JUNE: Pains of pregnancy and childbirth. Let me break it down for you... lower abdominal pain, lower back pain, gallstone episodes (including horrific pain in the back and chest and vomiting), headaches, not being able to sleep or catch my breath for that matter, insomnia and the list goes on and on. Childbirth, which was the easiest of all three I must honestly say. I did have an epidural, THANK HEAVENS! Then Jaren went to the NICU, and so I'm "recovering" in a small little "pod" where Jaren resided for the first week of his life. Yeah... I really didn't get a chance to recover much this time. (With Ollie and Eden I desperately needed a week or so of recovery time. I could barely walk or stand or lay down due to many rips and tears and all of that fun stuff.) Nevertheless, I just had a 8 pound 5 ounce manchild pass through my loins! Not a feeling you feel every day! So my body is STILL trying to recover from that.



-JULY: Recovering from Childbirth and Gallbladder Surgery.
Okay... childbirth and having a newborn home... lower back pain, fatigue, various ligaments and tendons popping and stretching when I move in a certain way... weird feeling I must say... I really need to go see my Chiropractor, but I'm still recovering at this time... I must wait. Family comes to visit and I was lucky enough to have some relief at that time. Then... I have my first Gallstone attack since being pregnant... not fun. I threw up and NO relief... so I went to the doctor and got an ultrasound to make sure it was actually gallstones... I was admitted to the hospital in a great deal of pain and I was FULL of GALLSTONES. So... was there, had two operations and four incisions. The morphine really didn't do much for the pain. Life kinda sucks.



-AUGUST: Recovering from Gallbladder surgery, swollen elbow and the flu. So... I'm still recovering and it is the 16th of August. I saw the doctor and asked him why I was still in so much pain. He explained that everyone is different and that the incision that was hurting so much was because he actually stitched it to the muscle to prevent a hernia. Okay........... that explains the pain. Then a week after surgery my arm, around the elbow, started to swell and become extremely painful (not allowing me to sleep). Come to find out, it was the arm the IV was in for my surgery and the doctor told me that it could be blood pooling there or something else, but it didn't seem infected or inflamed. After a week of pain, it FINALLY went away on it's own. Then I get the flu. I've had it for four days now and I still don't feel right. Nausea, explosive diarrhea, chills, fever, headache, weakness and fatigue. NOT FUN! MY BUTT HURTS! Most symptoms are gone, but I still have a bad headache and body aches. AND... Jaren is sick as well. It sucks being sick and then having to take care of a sick infant as well. I JUST WANT TO FEEL BETTER!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH. So I'm still having pains from my surgery and I don't know why. It hurts when I sneeze, cough and laugh. My innards just don't feel right. My stomach turns at times, I feel really hungry, there is a dull stabbing pain in my back by my shoulder blade. Sometimes when I breathe I feel a snagging sensation in my chest and on my side. Hopefully they are just signs of healing. I don't want to trade one pain for other pains. That just sucks.

There you have it. I want to feel better. Normal. Even though "Normal" for me means lower back pain everyday. At this point I can handle ONE of the pains. Not like 10 pains all at once. *Sigh* *Side Pain* *Grimace*

No comments: