Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What's In A Name???



OLIVER - (Scandinavian) - Kind, affectionate; (Latin) - Olive tree.



EDEN - (Hebrew) - delightful, paradise



JAREN - (Hebrew) - He will sing; he will cry out.


Why is choosing a baby name so stinkin' difficult??? Ed and I have been at odds when choosing the name for this little boy!

My favorite name is Jackson Edward Palmer and Ed's is Edison Jay or Edison Elias Palmer. Edison literally means "son of Edward"... yeah. We also both like Phineas and would shorten it to Finn. Both the older kids like Jackson and neither of them like Phineas.

I recently found a baby name book at Goodwill and I looked through all of the names in the baby boy section. Here is what I found that I like... (* - Ed likes these) (** - My favorites)



**Audie - a form of Edward

Ashby

Asher - happy, blessed

Audon - old, rich

Bain

Ballard - brave, strong

Beau - handsome

**Bennett - little blessed one

Bodin - messenger

Bodie

Brady - spirited

Brant

Breck - freckled

Camden

Chaim - life

Corbin

Curren

Denton - happy home

*Edison - son of Edward

Fane - joyful, glad

**Fayden

**Finnegan, *Finn, Finny

Hadley

**Harlow

Haywood

Hollis

**Jackson

Jasper

Joben

Joram

Jory

**Joss

* **Kane

Kannon

Keene

Lane

Magnus

Maximus

Micah

* **Phineas, Finn

Quinn

Raine

**Shea

**Shiloh

Sloan



Just tonight Ed told me that Jackson is growing on him. :O) We'll need to figure out the name soon. I only have 8 weeks left to decide!!! It's crazy because Jaren was a toss-up between Jaren and Jackson if he was a boy and Jaren for a girl as well. Who knows... we'll see what we decide in the end! :O)

No comments: