Friday, October 2, 2009

Wild Goose... Eer... Parakeet Chase

I let Jeo out of his cage for the first time earlier this month and then I was like... "Oh, crap...". Luckily I read that they will get hungry and fly back into their cage, so I waited... he flew... I waited... he swooped... I waited for a few more hours and finally we coaxed him back into his cage! It really wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be. I read that if you want a happy bird, you should let them out often for them to get exercise!



Ollie was excited to see Jeo out of his cage when he got home from school.

We've had him for a month now, but he's still fairly skittish when we put our hands by the cage. He'll need more time to adjust I suppose. I am very proud of Jaren. He never yells at the bird or shakes his cage. For a 2-year-old... that is almost unheard of! :O) I hope he lets me hold him sometime soon...

No comments: