Monday, November 2, 2009

Eye Dr. & OB Visits


So... last night I noticed that I popped some blood vessels in my eyes, which FREAKED ME OUT! I don't like the sight of blood... ESPECIALLY in my eyes! So... I went to bed kind of scared and hoped to be able to get in to see a doctor the next day.
EYE DOCTOR VISIT
9 am - We went to see Dr. Boeke, my optomatrist to rule out anything serious. He checked my eyeballs and my vision and found that things seemed to be okay. I asked him if it was normal to feel that my left eye felt different than my right eye... like there was more pressure in that one. He said that there was more pressure in that one, but not to worry. He told me that the blood vessels probably broke when I was wretching on Saturday morning and my blood pressure most likely spiked, causing them to rupture. He said not to freak out if I see more blood on the white part of my eye as gravity will pull the blood down and then it will turn yellowish as it's healing. I'm so glad to know what to expect so I won't be so freaked out! I seriously was in such a silly mood today! He walked us up to the front desk and said to call him if anything happens. I told him I'd let him know if my eyeballs explode in the meantime!!! He's like... "Let's not go there!" HAHAHA!!! (As Ed and I were laying down for a nap later, Ed was like... "You hardly have any white left on your eye! Don't look in the mirror or you might freak out! It might be how you are laying though." Yeah... I will try not to look in the mirror any time soon! BLECH!!!
OB VISIT
10 am - Next stop, my OB's office. I wasn't scheduled this week, but we really needed to find out about what was going on with my glucose levels! Dr. Wing was so great as she explained soooo much to Ed and I. I seriously felt such a weight lifted off of my shoulders after we left! She said that when they check for glucose levels in the urine it's MUCH different than when they test the blood, so it didn't even really compare. Which means that I WAS NOT on the verge of a diabetic coma! *SIGH* She said that the sugar levels can spike when someone is sick, which I am and in pregnant patients because the kidneys often leak causing a spike as well. She's also not concerned because I did pass the second gestational diabetes test within the last month. I failed one of the tests, which you have to fail two in order to be considered to have gestational diabetes. She said that we just need to work on getting me feeling better, eating more protein and whole grains. So glad I went today. I just wanted to come home and sleep. She also prescribed me some anti-nausea meds since I've been feeling so bad for the last couple of days. Also... I'm not sure if I could find a Norman Rockwell painting of an OB office visit... who knows... ;o) hehehe

1 comment:

Amy said...

Good news is so GOOD to hear Stac!!! YAY :) I have been so worried about you!!