Sunday, November 1, 2009

Friday, October 23 - Surprise GNO

Today was a normal day. I felt like I was getting a cold. Tired as always from not being able to sleep the night before. Ed's at work, kids are at school and Jaren is at G&G Palmer's house. Another lonely day to sit and think about my crappy luck lately. My good friend, Meg calls and wanted to bring me lunch, but I was asleep. She called back later and said she had something to drop off. She came about 5:30 or 6ish with a basket of goodies for me. She said it was the 2nd Shift Survival Kit... since Ed was about to switch from 1st to 2nd shift at work. She knows that I've been worried because of my health, but also because I don't like to be alone at night in our horrible neighborhood. A friend who works for the sheriff's department here in town said that our neighborhood is the worst one in the city now... YAY, US! ARGH!!! Anyways... she began pulling various items out and explaining their significance to me! I got a kick out of the Sweet and Sour gummy bears as I would have some sweet days and some sour days and also the eye patch because I will now have to sleep with one eye open!!! I was DYING LAUGHING!!! I soooo needed a good laugh! Thanks again, Meg... H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!

By that time the kids were all home, but Ed wasn't scheduled to get home until around 8:30. We chatted for a while and then someone else knocks on the door and it's my friend, Jenelle! I'm like... "Okay... what is going on!?" :O) She comes in with some bags of stuff and then puts a casserole in my freezer and some other food and then plops down to give me a foot massage. I opted out of the foot massage as I'm weird about my feet, but she gave me a hand massage instead! They said that they had called Ed and were kidnapping me for a girl's night! Ed was coming home a little early from work so we could go out and eat and chat! A MUCH NEEDED NIGHT OUT!!! :O) We sat and chatted for a while, I got ready and then Ed got home and we went out to eat at Las Margaritas. I could have eaten chips and salsa all night long!!! :O) After dinner, we went back to Jenelle's house and talked for several hours... laughing all the while!!! THANK YOU, LADIES!!! I sooooooo needed a night out to forget about my problems and just LAUGH!!! And THANK YOU, HONEY for coming home early so I could go out! *LOVES*

1 comment:

meghan said...

That night was so much fun. I'm glad you liked your survival kit. Hopefully it will come in handy.