Sunday, November 1, 2009

Tuesday, October 20 - Kid's Fun Fair at School

Tonight I mustered up some energy and took the kiddos to their Annual School Fun Fair. Since I was by myself (Ed was working), Jaren stayed back with G&G Palmer, aka... his 'other' set of parents! :O) I also invited my friends to join us but two of her kiddos were sick so I offered to take her oldest, who is four! I knew he'd LOVE to play the games, but I forgot how much energy four-year-olds have as well!!! Oliver was GREAT and helped me out with keeping an extra eye on Cullan. It was like he was an adoptive big brother for the night! It was seriously so sweet to see how they interacted with one another!



Ollie and Cullan waiting in line to play some games in the gym.


My friend, Brenda, is the PTO president this year and her two boys were sick at home and her husband was out of town so she brought her little girl, McKenzie, who I used to babysit, along with her. She asked if she could hang out with us for the night while she made sure the fun fair ran without a hitch! She even gave us an extra punch card for games for each of the kiddos! How sweet was that?! I didn't mind since McKenzie and Eden are good friends, so they had a ball together!

First, we went to the cake walk and Cullan WON the very first cake!!! We all cheered for him but then he got very shy and didn't want to choose one. I chose one for him which was a green cake with a large spider on top and ran it out to the car so I didn't have to carry it all night long! We walked through the school playing the games, getting tattoos and jumping on the inflatables. They all were having so much fun!


The hockey game. The boys loved this one!

Eden playing a game.

Cullan playing the ring toss game.



We took a break to have pizza or hot dogs for dinner in the cafeteria. It was nice to get off of my feet for a bit! We did the cake walk again and this time... I WON! I've never won a cake at a cake walk! Oliver was the one that drew my number, too!!! HA! This time, Cullan wanted to choose the cake so I let him choose and we swapped cakes later! He chose a green one with spiders all over it! It was funny because Oliver's teacher, Mr. Galloway, made both of the cakes that we chose! ;o)


McKenzie and Eden during dinner. Goofy girls!


I still can't believe that I won a cake! I was like, "I'm cravin' me some cake tonight!!"



In one of the rooms they had a "Musical Petting Zoo" which the kids LOVED! They had an array of instruments laid out for the kids to try. They all loved trying the violins!!!


Oliver getting a mini violin lesson.


Eden trying it as well!


"Hey Mr. Tambourine Man... Play a song for me..."


Ollie trying to play... hehehe...

I'm glad that I was able to feel well enough to take them so they could have fun. I feel like they've been missing out on alot with me feeling crappy all of the time. I'm glad we went! It was a really fun night!

No comments: