Sunday, December 2, 2007

California, HERE WE COME!!!

Wednesday, November 28th -

This morning we packed and got ready for our trip to sunny California. The first thing that went wrong was after my morning shower. I had gotten out of the shower and was drying off when I my glasses decided to fly off of my face... and since I can't see without my glasses, I cautiously took a step back and stepped right on my glasses, GO FIGURE!!! Since I didn't put all of my weight on my glasses, they didn't snap right in half, but were spared... although the sides were a little cockeyed! I put them on and they were sitting diagonally across my face. I gently twisted them back into place and prayed that they wouldn't fall apart. (I did pack my coke bottle glasses... just in case!) Next, Ed went to get the oil changed in our van, and come to find out, our water pump went out. So, $160 later... we were on our way to Minneapolis!

It took about 3 and a half hours to travel to Minneapolis to the airport. Our plane didn't leave until 9 pm, so we had about 4 hours to wait. While we were in line to go through airport security, Ed's computer bag strap got caught on one of the roped poles and he didn't realize it. He knocked down three poles and was still walking. I was like, "ED!!! STOP!!!". He turned around and we were both just busting a gut laughing! After we got our boarding passes, the kids got some "wings" from one of the workers at the desk. Eden decided to use it as a mustache. Ollie followed suite.
We walked around the airport and checked out some of the stores and restaurants that lined the halls. We finally settled on eating at Chili's. The time flew by as the kids sat and colored, I did my Sudoku and crossword puzzles and Ed was on his laptop.

We boarded the plane and the stewardess asked the kids where they were going. Later, she said their names on the intercom and said we were going to Disneyland and that it was their first flight. They got some wings and a certificate that said it was their first time flying! They did a lot better than I thought they would... they actually slept most of the time. I on the other hand... didn't get a wink.


After our four hour flight, we arrived in L.A. and met up with Jared and Emily! On the way home we stopped for something to eat at Del Taco and I got a Macho Meal. The only fast food place I know of that serves fries with Mexican food! HOLY BUCKET O' FRIES!!! We got to their home, chatted for a bit and then collapsed in bed!

No comments: