Friday, December 7, 2007

The Long Journey Home

Monday, December 3 - The Long Journey Home

Well, we got to the LAX at about 11:30 and I had to go to the restroom in the worst way!!! I got out and said, "I'll be right back" and ran into the airport. When I came back out, I was sad to hear that they had already left and I didn't even get to say thank you or good-bye! So... Jared and Emily... here is my "THANK YOU... and GOOD-BYE!!!" And of course *HUGS*... We had such a WONDERFUL time out there with you guys! I know that the kids had so much fun with their cousins! They are STILL talking about it!

Our plane left at about 1 o'clock, we traveled for an hour and a half and this time I got to sit by a window so I got some pictures of LA from above! We landed in Salt Lake and had an hour layover and then traveled 2 1/2 more hours into Minneapolis/St. Paul. It was 17 degrees when we got there and man... it was COLD! Ed drove for about 3-4 more hours back to Iowa and got home at 1:30 in the morning. I just let the kids sleep in the next day... I didn't want to send crabby kids to school for the teachers to deal with! Ed could not sleep in... he had training to get up for because he just got a promotion at work! Yea! It was nice to be in our own beds again, but I think I could have wrapped up Jared and Emily's bed and brought it home... AHHHH... it was like sleeping on a cloud! Thanks again guys! We had a BLAST!!!

1 comment:

Emily P. said...

We love you guys and are so happy that you could come out. Sorry we had to jet off from the airport, LAX security took cues from the third reich... Anyway, loved that you guys made it out here, Natalie is still complaining the loss of her cousins!