Friday, December 7, 2007

An Evening of Laughter

Saturday, December 1 - San Diego Nights
The kids at the hotel we stayed at when we went to Disneyland.

Natalie, Eden, Oliver and Aubrey. I love all of their different hats!

After Emily, the kids and I all got some hot chocolate from Starbucks for the ride back home to Menifee, we rested for awhile. Then we got ready for the fun night that lay ahead of us.

First, we went to a restaurant that is one of Jared's favorites, DeMille's. There we had some food... Italian in nature. We got calamari and spinach dip for the appetizers. Ed had never eaten calamari before so I had to get a picture of him trying it for the first time. He didn't like it. I ordered my usual, fettucine alfredo with chicken and it was delicious! Ed ordered a meatball on the side and it was HUGE! We were going to try some cantelloni for dessert, but we were all STUFFED!


Emily and her new fried friend! She and Jared love calamari... EW.


Ed trying calamari for the first time. I asked him if he liked it. After a moment... he said, "No".


Emily and Jared

Look at the size of that ginormous meatball!!!

Next, we went to see one of our favorite comedians, Brian Regan. (Jared knew we liked him, and surprised us with tickets! We were sooooo excited!) We sat pretty far up, so we missed out on his crazy facial expressions and little jigs... but hey... we could hear him at least! We were afraid that we would hear the same ol' stuff, be we were pleasantly surprised! It was mostly new stuff. We were just dying laughing! We really like him because (A) he doesn't swear... only damn and hell... and (B) he's hilarious, at least we all think so!

After Brian Regan's show, we walked down to Ghirahdelli's and there was a pretty long line. Some of the workers gave us some new chocolate flavors to try while we were waiting to order. I got Eggnog... yeah... not an eggnog fan, but it was pretty decent. When we got inside I ordered a plain vanilla malt (I was still really full from dinner)... and let me tell you... it was AWESOME! The best malt I've ever had the pleasure of sipping on!