Friday, December 7, 2007

The Temple and Beach

Sunday, December 2 - The San Diego Temple and Carlsbad State Beach
This morning we went to see the San Diego Temple. It was absolutely gorgeous! You could see it from the highway that we were on and it looked like a castle! Here are some pictures...



After that, we went to Carlsbad State Beach, where the kids saw the ocean for the very first time! Even though it was a tad chilly out, nothing could stop the kids from running along the beach and chasing the waves. The water was really cold, but they just LOVED it!!! We packed a picnic lunch to eat at the beach and the seagulls were hovering right over us, waiting for a little treat I guess... (kind of like my mom's dog, Willie, ogling me when I'm eating something at her house)! Jared and Emily even brought a kite along and it was the perfect day to fly a kite! Oliver was singing, "Let's go fly a kite...". It was a pretty windy day. I was in my sweatshirt the whole time we were there!

Eden and Aubrey

Oliver running from the waves.

Splash!!!

Eden, Aubrey and Oliver waiting for the waves...

Eden screaming, "OCEAN!!!"

Ed and me

Jared and Ed untangling the three tiered kite, which ended up being a single kite!

Oliver (I LOVED this picture of him!)

Jared running with the tiny kite attached to his hat!

Oliver playing in the sand

Oliver and Eden jumping down the little sand dune.

Our family picture by the ocean, minus our little Jare Bear of course.

We had such a fun day! After we got back to Jared and Emily's house, we had a FANTASTIC turkey dinner with ALL the fixins'. It was a second Thanksgiving and it was GREAT!!!

Here is a video of Ollie and Aubrey playing in the ocean. (Eden was pooped by this time and laying with Ed on the beach wrapped in her towel!)

2 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

That is a terrific family picture! You should photo shop Jaren in :0)! I LOVE the natural light!

Krista said...

I love the ocean. Looking at your pics made me remember being there. Ahhh, 6 more months and we will be taking the kids to the ocean for the first time. Yea!