Friday, December 7, 2007

Flashback Friday - Meeting Mandisa...

Today is my good friend, Mandy's birthday and so I thought I would do my Flashback Friday about the day we met! I went with the sister missionaries, Sister Escalante and Sister Keliiheleua to visit with Mandy, who had just moved to Waterloo with her husband, Mike. I'm always nervous to meet new people, especially when I'm serving with the sisters. Sometimes we aren't welcomed as we would hope to be.

We walked into her dining room and they introduced me to Mandy and all of my fears just went flying out of the window! She was so easy to talk to and just so funny! As we sat at the table, she told us about herself and told us some stories and I was just dying laughing. I could tell we shared the same sense of humor already! I knew that we were going to be good friends after the first time we met! She had a friend visiting her and so they were off to get their hair done, so we had to cut the meeting short!

I'm so glad that I didn't let my fears get in the way, otherwise I would have missed out on a very special relationship with Mandy and her husband Mike and now three years later... their little manchild, Isaac!

It's hard to find couples that just connect. I feel like I'm blessed with several couple friends where the wives connect AND the husbands connect as well. Our interests, our sense of humor, everything just meshes together. We all love to scrap, chat, dine out and the guys love watching movies, comedy and BBQing. We all understand each other's sense of humor which is quite rare. Sometimes I feel misunderstood... and odd. It's nice to know that we all feel odd together!

Well, Mandisa, my equally odd friend... I hope you had a wonderful birthday with your family! Here's to many more laughs and weird stories about anything and everything! I don't think ANYTHING is off limits with us! :) I love you and I'm so glad that our paths have crossed! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

Mike & Mandy said...

Thank you for the nice post! I have really enjoyed getting to know you too!