Friday, December 7, 2007

Eden's 5th Birthday!

REWIND TO BEFORE WE LEFT FOR CALIFORNIA...
November 27th, 2007 - Eden's 5th Birthday

We celebrated Eden's birthday on the 27th of November. I ran to the store and bought some cookies for her to pass out to her class that day and also got her favorite meal from Las Margaritas, a chicken burrito with beans and rice!

Ed and I met up at her school and surprised her on her special day! We sat at her table with her and the other kids and ate lunch with her. Then we passed out her cookies and she had a special "cake" with a candle on it. All of her teachers and classmates sang, "Happy Birthday" to Eden and she blew out the candle and made a wish. Then she had to go over to her teacher for her birthday "spankings" (The class and Mrs. Boehmer just clapped their hands... once for each year!) And then a "pinch to grow an inch".

After her "spankings", Eden got to choose a beanie baby bear from the birthday gift box. I could tell that she felt so special.

I just love her teacher!!! She's so easy to talk to and very helpful in answering my questions! One of my conferences with her lasted for about an hour and a half just because we both have the gift of gab!!! The kids just played nicely at the centers in the back of the room. I'll definitely miss her next year. At least Eden will be able to go and visit with her since she'll be at Edison again!

That night we got McDonald's and ate it at home with Grandma Young and Grandma and Grandpa Palmer. She got a new backpack and some new pajamas for her birthday! One of her favorite things was opening her card from Great Grandma and Grandpa Young. She got twenty, one dollar bills. She thought she was rich!!! Then we had cake and ice cream to celebrate! Hope you had a WONDERFUL 5th birthday!
A new Disney Princess backpack for school!

New pajamas! YEA!!!

"She's in the money... she's in the money..."

A cake fit for a Princess!

"You'll pay for this later, Eden!" thinks Jaren.

VIDEO COMING SOON!

2 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

Happy birthday Eden! To the girliest girl I know! I can only hope if I have a daughter she will be a princess too! (I love that stuff!)

Krista said...

Stacy,
You are a great mom! I know how hard it is to want to give your kids everything they want, and money being tight. But you guys gave her all your love and attention. Something I sometimes forget to do.
I hope you ALL had a wonderful day!