Thursday, December 6, 2007

Shopping and Scrapping: Two of my favorite past times!

Thursday, November 29th - Shopping and Scrapping

Today was our first full day at Jared and Emily's home in Menifee. I loved seeing the palm trees everywhere and enjoyed the sunny weather! It was a tad chilly, though not anywhere as cold as back home in Iowa!!! We usually wore our sweatshirts everyday, but hey... it was better than being all bulky in our winter gear!

This morning Ed accompanied Jared to his work in San Diego while Emily and I took Natalie and the kids to her gymnastics class. Aubrey was still in school, so we traveled to Temecula, a city about 30 minutes away from their house to do a little shopping. We stopped by Ensign Books, an LDS bookstore and I got some stuff for the kids for Christmas. After that, we went to the GINORMOUS Joann's Fabrics and I was in awe of how large it was! I couldn't believe the amount of flannel fabric alone!!! Also, the scrapbooking section was wonderful. It was great fun!
We drove around and Emily showed me where a new church building was being built. We then picked up Aubrey at school and went to eat a late lunch at Carl's Jr., which is alot like Hardee's here in town. The kids were very excited to see each other and immediately played together when we arrived at their house!

Emily and I got a chance to talk and get to know each other a little bit more. We also talked about scrapbooking and crafts. She's got a ton of cute stuff she made or had made for her.



Her friend made this for her... TOO CUTE!

Later that night, Emily took me to my very first Christmas Card Exchange! I got to meet several of her friends from church which was very nice. They were all very nice and funny! They had treats set out as well as a cute little snowman urn for hot cocoa! Mmmm... it was delish! Everyone chatted for a bit and later we moved out into the living room and passed around our cards! They were all so cute! We each made 18 of the same style card and then passed them out and so we went home with 18 different styles! I'll have to have one in our ward! It was a lot of fun!

We got home and chatted for a bit and headed to bed for a good night's rest before we were off to DISNEYLAND in the morning!!!

No comments: