Thursday, December 27, 2007

Loads of Christmas Fun!

LET THE HOLIDAY FESTIVITIES BEGIN!!!

*Tuesday, December 18 - Christmas with my Dad and stepmom, Ellen. We went over there for dinner and then the kids opened their presents. They got some clothes and other fun little stuff.




*Thursday, December 20 - Christmas with our own little family. We ordered pizza and opened presents. Ed even got some mistletoe from me in his stocking! I guess you stick it in water and it like quadruples its size! "Pucker up, Buttercup!".


The kids LOVED the collars and nametags I got for their favorite puppies! The nametag has the puppie's name and our phone number in case it ever gets lost. I found this idea in one of my magazines!

Jaren playing (... or chewing on rather) with his new truck!

Each year we get the kids a new ornament. Eden - Tiara, Jaren - Elephant and Ollie - Bowling shoes!

*Saturday, December 22 - Christmas with Ed's family. We went over there and had a wonderful breakfast with waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage... the whole works! What a way to start out the morning. After breakfast we exchanged gifts and chatted for a bit.

I loved this picture of Jaren and Rosie staring at each other!

*Sunday, December 23 - Christmas with my mom and brothers. Sunday evening we spent at my mom's house with my two brothers and Willie the dog of course! He loves to help everyone open their gifts! He'll go from person to person and get his nose up in everybody's business! Eden was not at all about to relinquish her gift opening duties to the dog!!!


Jaren, Uncle Bryan, Eden


Bry playing with Ollie's fake snot he got in his stocking! I love how it has a bend in the fake snot...


Ollie with his new set of not-so-pearly whites!


*Monday, December 24 - Christmas Eve with my grandparents and other family members. We always travel to Clinton, Iowa to visit my grandparents and celebrate Christmas Eve with them. They always have a Christmas Eve service at their church and this year my mom and I helped my grandmother with part of the service. My mom lit some candles and I helped with some of the reading that went along with it. We came back and opened gifts with everyone. This year Dave, Talen and Brett came as well as Sue, Mike, Katie, Andy and his girlfriend Jessie. My family and my mom and brothers were there as well.

*Tuesday, December 25 - Christmas Day. Dave decided to take Talen, Brett, Bry and Chad to Eagle Point Park to teach them how to build an igloo. While they were doing that, we decided to bundle up the kids and take them sledding in great grandma and great grandpa's yard. We went through several hill heights (bunny hill in their yard, the alley behind their house) until finally we geared up to sled at OLA, a large hill about a block from my grandparents house! I thought Ed was going to break something! I just snapped pictures, since my back has been hurting.


" WATCH OUT, OLLIE!!!"



This is a video of Ed sledding down OLA (a large hill near my grandparents house)!


After sledding, we grabbed my mom and headed to the hotel to swim. At first Jaren did NOT like it at all! When I gave him to Ed, he started to squeal and then curled up to Ed with his arms up by his chest! Then he fell asleep on his shoulder while still in the pool!

*Wednesday, December 26 - We went up to see the igloo that the guys built before we left town! Oliver was engaging people in a snowball fight. Him against EVERYONE else! The kids loved being in the igloo. Eden wouldn't come out... she said that she lived in the igloo now!

Eden, Chad, Ollie and Bryan

Ollie enjoying a snowball fight!


Eden, Brett and Bryan (throwing a snowball into the igloo at Oliver)

No comments: