Sunday, November 4, 2007

Baby Sign Language

Last night, I found a book about teaching your baby sign language. It was only ten bucks and it comes with a book as well as 60 flashcards!

It talks about when your baby is ready to start learning the signs as well as what signs to teach them. There are also a few songs to sign to as well.

I used to work one on one with some kids and always did a few signs with them, so when I had Oliver and Eden I taught them a few signs. They did; more, please, thank you, all done, milk, eat, quiet, no, stop, yes, bathroom and several others.

I'm sure the kids will be happy to help teach Jaren these signs, especially with the flash cards! I'm excited to read the book and learn about what's on my baby's mind!!!

(I found it at Barnes and Noble for $10. It's called "Baby Sign Language: Find out what's on your baby's mind!" by Karine Shemel Rosenberg)

1 comment:

jej said...

You should definitely check out "Signing Time" DVDs at the library then as Jaren gets older. My girls love them and we learn a lot. (The highter vols are a little better - not so cheesy).