Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Would you like some... Rubber Neeples?"

I had laid down to take a nap early yesterday afternoon. Suddenly, Ed came into the room and shook me to wake me up. He then said, "We have to find out where the fire is! I think there's a fire in the house!" I immediately sit up, still a little groggy, but when you hear the word "FIRE" it kinda gets ya goin'!

I sit up in bed and immediately the smell hits me! I get up and follow Ed through the dining room toward the basement. (He thought it was coming from downstairs). As I rounded the corner, I see Ed's eyes get big and his mouth gapes open and he says, "It's the nipples!" I was like... "WHAT?" "I forgot about the nipples!" Evidentally, he was boiling water on the stove and sanitizing the nipples for Jaren's bottles and FORGOT ABOUT IT! ALL of the water boiled out and we were left with burnt rubber nipples... hence the smell of something burning! It just REEKED!

Reggie and Arthur stopped by to drop off some movies they were borrowing and Reggie couldn't smell it because of her cold. Arthur came in from the car and chatted with us right as Oliver was spraying some Glade alllllll over the house! I could seriously TASTE it... he sprayed so much! Even Reggie said that she could smell it all now and taste it! At least they got to go HOME and get away from the smell! It was sick!

I saw the rubber nipple remnants in the pot in the garbage can and of course had to pull it out and get a picture of it! In case you were wondering... here is what burnt rubber nipples look like...


THE END.

2 comments:

Krista said...

It may make you feel better to know that I have done the same thing.....except the water in the pot all evaporated and I was left with burnt plastic all over the bottom of my pot. Wow, we are smart...hahah.

Stacy said...

Oh yeah... there was NO water in ours either!!! :) NASTY!