Tuesday, November 13, 2007

SPT


This week's SPT challenge is to take a few moments and focus on that special holiday *thing* that you are planning for this year.

I love the holidays and so it's hard to narrow it down to one *thing*. We have some special things that we do each year as well as things we'd like to start doing!

*I bring up all of the holiday books for the kids and I to read.

*I get out all of the holiday DVD's that we've been waiting all year to watch. "The Polar Express" is one of my favorites. I'd really like to see it at the IMAX movie theatre this year in Cedar Rapids.

*Picking out our gifts for our favorite couples... ORNAMENTS! We decided last year to pick out a special ornament for each of our couple friends. That way, if they ever move away, they can think of us at Christmastime when they are trimming their trees and be reminded of the funny or memorable event that the ornament represents!

*Making Christmas Cutout Cookies with the kids! YUM!

*Painting Christmas Ornaments with friends and family.

*Listening to Christmas music and putting up our decorations and tree.

*I'd love to get tickets for the "POLAR EXPRESS" train ride this year. You travel on the train in your pajamas, have hot cocoa, read the story and then get to see Santa at the end! How fun would that be!?!

We want to continue some of our traditions as well as introduce new ones each year in our family. I just LOVE spending time with my family and friends and let them know how much they all mean to me!

No comments: