Friday, November 2, 2007

HALLOWEEN 2007


I was lucky enough to have Meghan watch Jaren so that I could help with Eden and Ollie's class parties. (THANKS AGAIN!!!) Eden's started at 10 am. First they walked through all of the classrooms in the school to show off their costumes. Eden saw Oliver in the artroom during the parade. They came back to the room and they sang some fun songs and played games, like pass the pumpkin. Each child had a pumpkin from their field trip to the pumpkin patch that they were to decorate and bring back to school for the pumpkin judging contest. Afterwards they each had a picture taken with their pumpkin. Most pumpkins were the work of the parents, I noticed. Eden was sad because she thought the kids would laugh at hers. I told her that hers was unique and she should be proud that she did it all by herself. They ate pizza for lunch and then packed up to go.

I babysit McKenzie everyday and so I just kept her and Eden at the school and sat by the front doors of the school to wait for the older kids' parade to come by. Oliver was so funny! I still just kill myself laughing every time I think of him as Pee Wee Herman! (The kids in his class didn't know who he was supposed to be, but the teachers and parents knew!!) After the parade we went upstairs to help with Oliver's class party. We got a cute class picture of all of them in their costumes. It was a really fun day!

Before we left, I wanted to make sure that Oliver's former teacher, Mrs. Klein, was able to see him all dressed up. There were several teachers standing in the hallway by the office and when we got there, April (Mrs. Klein) asked him to laugh and do the dance for her. We all circled around him and started singing "Tequila". He danced and the teachers were dying laughing!!! He must have done it 4 or 5 times for different teachers and even the principal! (The next day, during conferences at school, the school counselor said that Oliver's costume was hands down the best costume of the day!)

That night we met up at the Jolley's home and went trick or treating in their neighborhood. The kids were only out for a little over an hour and they had TONS of candy! It was a bit chilly and Jaren was getting hungry so I headed home after about 25 minutes. The neighborhood is great to go trick or treating in because so many people have their lights on! On the way back home, not many lights were on. I wonder if the "Trick or Treating" days are fizzling out. I sure hope not! I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments: