Friday, November 9, 2007

Flashback Friday - 1987 - Homemade Slip and Slide

My Grandpa Young used to work at DuPont, a place that made cellophane and plastics. He got a scrap roll of plastic and made us a homemade slip and slide in their back yard. It was GINORMOUS!!! They hooked up the hose and let the water run down the plastic, starting at the top of the hill! I remember the very end would get really muddy and one year I slid all the way to the end of the plastic and then flopped around like a fish in the mud puddle! I think my Uncle Dave may have captured that treasure on video! I think it's safe to say that we ALL had so much fun on that thing for so many summers!

The cousins at Grandma and Grandpa Young's in Clinton. (I guess Andy didn't want to go for the crazy slip and slide ride!)

Jenni, Talen, Chad (brother), me and Katie.


Crash course! (Alison, Bryan - brother, Katie, me?, and Chad... I can't tell if those are my legs or not!)


Alison is running up the hill and I think Katie is at the top with no shirt on. Then here I am coming down about ready to crash into Chad!

No comments: