Friday, November 2, 2007

Flashback Friday - RICKS COLLEGE


I attended Ricks College for one year of my life and it was the hardest and funnest time of my life. I will not get into why it was the hardest today, but I will tell you about some of the funnest times I had while residing in Idaho!

I lived in four houses during that year that I was at Ricks. The first one was on College Avenue straight down from the Spori Building. There were six of us girls that lived there that summer. Some of us moved into our next house when the fall semester started. We had about 18 girls living in one house! Yeah... kinda crazy! What I thought was interesting was that out of all of us girls, not one of us was from Utah. There were some from Wyoming, New Mexico, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, California, Washington, Idaho, Virginia and Iowa of course. We had roommates from Tanzania, Africa, Korea and Belarus. It was sure a melting pot of cultures that is for sure!

I had some of the best roommates that I keep in touch with to this day! Of course we had our struggles, but we shared some wild and crazy times!

One of the funnest times was during the homecoming parade that passed right by our house. It was the first interactive parade I've ever been a part of. Interactive meaning, we would join in the parade even though we were not part of it! Most of us were in our pajamas and robes and looked afright! (Before heading out to Idaho, Shar and I found these hideous furry red and yellow robes at Goodwill) We had jump ropes, hockey sticks, etc. and we would just join in when they came by our house. Shar and I even hopped on the bus that all of the football players were on and rode for about two blocks, jumped off and ran back to our driveway! That was SOOOOO FUN! We were nuts!

Another time to remember was when we all went to MORP, a dance where you dress like your date. Before the dance, we bought an old, ugly couch at D.I. (The West's version of Goodwill) and drove around town having our picture taken with everyone on the couch at various locations! My favorite was in the McDonald's drive-thru! Oh man... crazy I say!

We all just had a blast. Needless to say... I didn't get great grades out there... I was just having the time of my life!

Ahhh... such fun times!

3 comments:

Mike & Mandy said...

OK, your hair in these pics is SO CUTE! I am not kidding! I totally think you should go short and that same color!

Stacy said...

Too bad that was like 60 pounds ago! Just call me melonhead!

Krista said...

I love college pics. I had the most fun in my life when I was SINGLE and in college. Now look at me.