Friday, February 29, 2008

Flashback Friday - Our Engagement

FEBRUARY 29, 2000

So... I was working at Diamond Vogel in the paint and stain department and the subject of Ed and I came up. Specifically about when we were going to get married. (Remember we had our first date at the beginning of that month - we met on December 26, 1999 - so we didn't know each other too long.) So... after a lengthy courtship... har har... I just knew that we were going to get married. So... I was talking to a fellow coworker of mine and he said that day just happened to be "Sadie Hawkin's Day". A day where the girls ask the guys to marry them. I was like, "YES!" and the planning began. After work I went and bought a new outfit and got all gussied up. I called Ed's mom and told her to tell Ed not to eat because I was picking him up. I drove to his house and proceeded to blindfold him. I led him to my periwinkle Dodge Shadow and off we went. I played him a song by Reba McEntire "Read My Mind" which goes a little something like this:

"Read my mind... It will tell you that I love you and... you're all I ever wanted in a man..."

Okay... you get the picture. I drove him to The Brown Bottle, a local Italian restaurant, and pulled the car up onto the curb. (I was nervous... OKAY!) Okay... back off the curb and resituated my car. I took off his blindfold and proceeded to tell him why I loved him... yes I was crying. At the end of my lovefest, I got out my $0.44 ring pop and asked him to marry me. Of course he said, "Yes"... and the rest is history.

So... we met December 26th, 1999... had our first date on February 4th , 2000... got engaged on February 29th, 2000... got married on May 5th, 2000 and have been happily married for almost 8 years now!!! Woo Hoo!!!!

No comments: