Saturday, October 27, 2007

Breathing Buddies

It's that time of year again... when Ollie's asthma and allergies start flaring up! I kept him home from school the other day because his breathing was HORRIBLE! I wanted to get it under control before sending him back. I knew I could keep an eye on him better while he was home. The previous night he woke up about 2:30 am and said he couldn't breath! I jumped out of bed and gave him a breathing treatment. He's been using his Albuterol (Inhaler) several times a day. We now need to up his meds during this time of year. Pulmicort (inhaled) TWICE a day - Preventative, Xopenex (inhaled) every 4-6 hours as needed and his children's allergy meds (liquid) 1 tsp. each day. I hate to hear the raspyness in his breathing! My poor little man! We called our doctor and he told us to up his meds and keep an eye on him. He said that he sounded fine. In a couple days, he'd be like new again! That's a relief! He's been on his nebulizer since he was about 18 months old, so he's used to it by now! He knows what he's doing.


Jaren has been fighting a cold for over 10 weeks now. It started as a cold and turned into sinus infection. Don't worry... we've taked him to the doctor like 5 times already... it just has to run it's course. Our doctor prescribed him a lower dose of Xopenex... the same thing that Oliver is on. It has helped his coughing and gagging alot. Ollie has been such a good helper and helps me give him breathing treatments. What a sweet brother!


I LOVE this picture of the boys.

2 comments:

meghan said...

Oh poor guys, but they are cute pictures.

Krista said...

So sad, but so glad that olie is there to show baby J the way!