Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FUN fair? I think not.

Okay... last night was the fun fair at Ollie and Eden's school and I must say that I was not very impressed. I know that it's not a high class, high income school, but I would suggest a few changes.

*First, the games... no prizes immediately after you play the game. No little candies or cheap costume jewels for the girls... nothing. (They can turn their card in at the end and pick a "bigger" toy, but it seemed like something was missing...)

**Second, the lollipop tree game... usually there is a cardboard cutout of a tree full of dum dum suckers. A child picks a sucker and if there is a mark on the bottom of the stick... they get an "extra" little prize. If it's just plain white... they keep the sucker and move to the next game. Well... they could ONLY keep the sucker if there was a mark on it. Eden didn't have a mark on hers and so she had to give the sucker BACK!!! She was broken hearted and started to cry! I'm like... WHAT!? C'mon people! Give the kids a little treat! Don't let them take it and give it back again!!! Craziness!

***Finally, I think it would be neat to have a "BOOK WALK"... like a cake walk, but obviously with... books. At a different fair I attended they had the kids write one sentence about their experience at the fair and then they could choose a book from a large table. WAY good idea!

****I'm on the school's PTO, so I will be commenting on these things at the next meeting! Of course there were good things, but some things need to be tweaked a bit!

I also volunteered for the last hour in the tattoo room! PRUNE FINGERS! I think it may be time to cut my fingernails because I believe that I was scaring some of the kids! I was putting a tattoo on a kids forehead and when I went to gently take the paper off, he kept inching away from my nails... like I was going to claw his face all up or something!!! It was too funny! I don't want to cut them because I am a nail biter by nature and if I cut them... I may start nibbling away at them again. Nasty habit, I know... I don't even realize when I'm doing it! Anywho... an interesting night.

No comments: