Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Long Time... No See...

Jaren & Oliver

After the Gillespie Boys' birthday party, we drove to Dunkerton to see a former co-worker of mine. I hadn't seen her for SEVERAL years and thought I'd stop by and see if her and her family were home! Her daughter answered the door and she was taller than I was! The last time I saw her was when she was like nine! She still looks the same though! I saw Christy and gave her a big hug! It was really good to catch up after about three years.

Christy and Jaren

We used to work together about 8 years ago at an interior design place. She was the secretary and worked in the wallpaper and decorating area as well. Pam was the designer and I was the girl that worked in the paint department with Ben and Loren. I would also help in the wallpaper department assisting customers with decorating decisions! I loved that! Dave hired me and was a fun boss to have. We ALL got along SO well. It was our little work family! I really miss that atmosphere of fun and closeness that we had! It's so rare to find that in the workplace these days! It was fun because we would always play cards when the store was empty... obviously we'd get our work done first... :) When we heard the bell ring and a customer walk in... we'd hide our cards and put the piece of plywood behind the 5 gallon paint buckets! :) Oh, I miss those guys!

Christy's daughter, Amanda, now 12, played with the kids while they were there and the kids LOVED it! When we left Eden said, "I don't know her (Amanda), but I LOVE her!" It was so cute! It was great to get reconnected!

Eden & Amanda


Oliver & Amanda

No comments: