Friday, October 12, 2007

Sing... Sing A Song... Sing Out Loud... Sing the Words Wrong... huh?

Everyday, the little J-man and I sing little ditties together! I lay him down on the ground and sit in front of him and we sing and do actions with the songs. I sing him some Primary Songs, Church Hymns, Children's Songs and lots of action rhymes! It seems like he's really enjoying himself and he's full of smiles!

Today I made up a little rhyme with some actions and it goes a little somethin' like this:
"Over... Over... Up and Down,
Kick your feet up off the ground,
Raise your hands up to the sky,
Give a kiss and say 'Bye Bye'!"
So... the actions go a little somethin' like this:
I take his hands and pull him to one side "OVER" and then pull him to the opposite side "OVER. Then I raise his arms up over his head "UP" and down by his side "DOWN". I grab his feet and kick them in the air. (after a while, he started doing this action on his own!) Then I grab his hands again and raise them up over his chest. I kiss his belly and shake his hand like he's waving good-bye!
I love being able to have some alone time with him in the morning before Eden gets home! I have the TV off and we just sit and play together. He's a really good baby, although we do have our fussy days when I want to rip my hair out in frustration! He's either more predictable than the others... OR... we just know what we are doing as parents now that we have three children. Who knows... I'm trying to enjoy this time with him as much as I can. Time sure slips away from us!

1 comment:

Heidi Miller said...

Stacy . . you are amazing! How did you come up with that. I'm gonna do it for Alex!